"save As" menu entry

Technical discussions
Claude

"save As" menu entry

Post by Claude »

Hello
Question: when clicking with the right mouse button, a "save As" menu entry is displayed, but disabled. Is this normal ?
Regards, Claude

nickz
Site Admin

Re: "save As" menu entry

Post by nickz »

The Save as is disabled by default assuming the developers might not want their models to be used outside the application. (BTW there are ways to encrypt etc secure the model). It is a bit of reminder.
You can enable it. See the EnableContextMenuItem() call in the end of Init() in SurafceMetrics\SurfaceMetricsForm.vb. It calls IMenu_KC.Enable()
Nick

Claude

Post by Claude »

Good day Nick,

Thanks for the link to IMenu_KC.Enable().

I did implement it, and I expected to have more choices than the Glm model as your info for the Enterprise build,
what I purchased, indicates also IGES and STEP inputs and outputs. See below from your website.

Features include:

◦Fast DirectX-based rendering
◦Programmatic access to all aspects of 3D view: zoom, 3D navigation, persistent and animated view points, light, textures, etc
◦Offscreen rendering into memory or an image file with possibly higher than screen resolution
◦Transparent 3D background
◦Retained mode is available for low-level custom rendering by the application
◦Different styles of measurements
◦Various types of objects from parametric brep nurbs to freeform mesh to suit different applications
◦One type of object, called 3DS, is unique to KernelCAD. It offers very simple and flexible WYSIWYG kind of modeling using 3D arc/line patches and splines
◦Modelling in cylindrical coordinates
◦Runtime object creation, model restructuring and surface modification using well-structured and well-documented interface
◦Object grouping and hierarchy, layers, arrays
◦Various styles of 3D text, including unique smart labels and text as step-compliant 3D solids
◦Programmatic import / export to the most popular CAD formats, including step, iges and Autodesk formats

Did I understand correctly or am I missing something ? Maybe is this accessed somewhere else ?

Cordialement / Best regards

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

This SaveAs option is a basic default dialog. If you type a path with .iges extension it will be saved as iges. You can replace this menu option with your own and provide the filter you need using the .Net save file dialogs. The Data Flow example shows how to do it
See also: http://www.dynoinsight.com/Help/Export1.aspx
Regards
Nick

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

Claude,
In update 5.1.4664 we have added all supported formats to the filter
Nick