Slow application after update

Forum for reporting problems
atrev

Slow application after update

Post by atrev »

After one of the recent updates i installed, 3756 i think. My application seemed to have gotten really slow.
A simple task such as opening a OpenFileDialog using the showdialog command was taking 10 seconds to open it.
Thought it was a machine problem at first, but it seems to somehow be linked to recent update.
Our main form has the control on it, so i removed it, deleted references to DLLs, and added the control back to the form, which also readded references, and the speed problem seems to have disapeared and OpenFileDialog opens almost instantly now, but I can't understand why, as all the references were pointing at the same install directory as the previous version

atrev

Re: Slow application after update

Post by atrev »

The same problem seemed to have occured again, but without anything changing with references, and the problems seems to lie within our own code, or at least in calling Application.DoEvents to keep the interface updated.
We call the function after button and menu presses, as it instantly updates the form when starting long tasks. but for some reason had started to process a lot of messages, causing what seemed to make it hang.

The problem was solved by suspending the WM_PAINT calls until this function was completed, and nothing to do with KernelCAD in the end!