Mode Depth

Forum for reporting problems
atrev

Mode Depth

Post by atrev »

Using the Z key to cut through the view seems to lose the camera sometimes, and its a function we use a lot.
When we try to reset the view, the data won't appear until you attempt to move the view, and then it disapears almost instantly. The other shortcut keys also stop working, and we are forced to restart the application.

The problems seems to be extremely repeatable in our application at least. If we press Z key repeatedly, and drag the mouse over the view. no more than 20-25 times, and then it will stop working, and stop drawing the box, and the help text for the key will no longer appear.

The only other thing I can think is effecting is maybe we are setting up variables for the control, or events that are somehow affecting it. I'm trying to produce an example of it. See if it related to setting the view in a certain way etc

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Mode Depth

Post by nickz »

HI atrev
To clarify for everyone else: We are talking about the depth zoom mode http://www.dynoinsight.com/Help/Geom/Vi ... Depth_Zoom, which is activated by holding z key.
I am glad that you are using it. Just had a thought that making the depth range very narrow shows a rough cross-section of the model :).

I did not see it in my attempts. It can be our fault. It could be related to state of KC. KC exits depth mode on z key up. When some other event interrupts the operation state variables can be messed up. It is easy to fix. This is also relevant to user direct access operations

A quick sample with instructions would be helpful
Regards
Nick

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Mode Depth

Post by nickz »

By atrev via private message:

the problem with depth mode seems to be if you select little or no region. It then seems to get stuck in an unusable mode. It could be a combination or not completing the require clicks, mouse moves etc before the z key is released

nickz
Site Admin

Fixed

Post by nickz »

We have fixed this in update 4.3.3765

There is a set of commands in direct access mode. To execute it KC enters a tree of states/modes. When something unexpected happens the component can remain in an invalid state. To handle this, starting with this update, the View > Reset context menu command also resets all modes to the regular viewing state.

Thank you for reporting
Nick