Using KC on another machine

Forum for reporting problems
Ibi

Using KC on another machine

Post by Ibi »

Hi

I have installed version 5.2 on a new machine (windows 10). Now a new icon appeared called subscription. When I click various subscription options appear. And it seems kernelCAD is not registered as it does not appear when I run my application.

Please help.
Kind regards
Ibi

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Using KC on another machine

Post by nickz »

Sorry, Ibi
We probably need to make the interface nicer.

It should work like this:
When you install KC on another machine it works for 3 days without anything as a demo. Then it asks for an email address to identify you as a user. You have probably missed this.

If you enter the email used in your account the software will check the account and everything should work. There is no need to do anything.

If you skip this, the software decides that you are a new user and asks to register.

To reset the state please delete C:\ProgramData\KernelCAD\kc51_a.usp. Sometimes it is invisible, so search the computer. This file is an offline version of your db record, which is refreshed once a week.

After that start any KC-based application (including installed sample), enter the email address when you see the small dialog titled “KernelCAD Registration”. It should work

You can check your account at: http://www.dynoinsight.com/eComm/Login.aspx

Kind regards
Nick

Ibi

Re: Using KC on another machine

Post by Ibi »

Thank you, Nick
It all sorted out and no problem all working.
Kind regards
ibi