Modeling Studio

Technical discussions
jons882

Modeling Studio

Post by jons882 »

Hi
I am new to kernelcad. I am trying to change sizes of a HVAC heating duct using Modeling Studio. I cannot find a way to do it. The duct is imported from a .stp file. Is it possible?
Thanks

Peter_R341

Re: Modeling Studio

Post by Peter_R341 »

I think Modeling Studio has not been developed much for a while. It is mostly editor for the native 3DS type of objects and SOR (surface of revolution) and a 3D debugger.
Objects imported form step are of different type. Model explorer shows them as SectionOCC type.

There are operations which can be executed on object level like Boolean operations, but generally surface for these objects and other non-native (not 3ds or sor) are supposed to be modified only programmatically.

Some samples (like Pipes) can be used to modify special types objects. I personally use Solid Works and Rhino to model scene and prepare some objects for runtime manipulation and import via step or vrml.

Cheers

jons882

Post by jons882 »

I am a bit confused by all the types of sections. What is the difference between 3DS and SectionOCC?
Which would you recommend for HVAC apps, which deal mostly with rectangular shaped pipes?
Thank you

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

Hi jons882
See my answer at http://www.dynoinsight.com/phpBB3/viewt ... f=2&t=2831
I think it deserves a separate thread
Nick