Cant add DGKC to Visual Studio

Forum for reporting problems
Jim Khoo

Cant add DGKC to Visual Studio

Post by Jim Khoo »

Hi,
I installed latest 5306 version of the DGKC 7.0. DGKernel_7_0.exe is the file I installed. I guess I can have a 30 day trail. But it does not work in my visual studio. How to add DGKC to my visual studio?
can anybody help?

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Cant add DGKC to Visual Studio

Post by nickz »

In update 5305 we have made an unannounced change to the security. We have removed the short evaluation period as it creates lots of room for abuse. You need to register from the start.

After installing please go to the Subscription option in the Windows Start menu. Please run it as admin (Right click. Reboot if you do not see "as admin"). It will pop up a dialogue with a "Register or Reconnect" button.

You should also be asked for registration if you try inserting DGKC in design mode without being registered.

We did not announce it up to now as we believe it should be clear from the popping up requests to register and we tend to avoid commenting on security.

If if it still does not work after registering, try clearing the local cache:
In the Subscription dialogue click the first button from the top. Text on it changes depending on the situation. This should ask you for an email address. Please enter an empty string. Click OK. Restart the same dialogue and enter the email address you would like to use for the account. You should be connected to the db OK after that.

Please let us know if it still does not work after registering.